Monday, June 11, 2007

A long-awaited picture entry!

Huzzah, huzzah, here's some photos to enjoy from the past few days:

This was taken on 57th Street beach in Chicago. I'm dipping my back wheel into Lake Michigan, with the intent that I dip my front wheel into the Pacific in San Diego. Yes, this journey actually started in New York, but there was no convenient entry point to either the Atlantic, or the Hudson, or even the East River on Manhattan. Since I come from Chicagoland, I figure it's appropriate that I "christen" my journey here.


The lakefront path along the Shedd Aquarium



The bean and my adopted Millenium-Park family of Chris Juby and Rachel Levine, former Allen RAs.


The very amazing Schlesinger family and their welcome in Chebanse, IL


The welcome at the Alumni Center. This was an incredible moment and even more so for Jon and Anish who had dreamt of this moment over a year and a half ago.


The Laude Family paving stone outside of the Alumni center. If you're reading this, hi Family!

No comments: